R&D Partners is seeking a buiness analyst for a project in San Diego, please send resume to email@example.com and/or call (415) 374-8872
Provide analytical support to the Customer Advocacy Analytics team with the overall mission of conducting complaint trending and analysis necessary to meet our quality objectives. This includes working closely with R&D, Engineering, Operations, and Management to conduct ad hoc data requests and in depth analysis of complaint and failure data. This information is integrated into recurring management reviews for communication of key issues and escalations as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties & responsibilities include any of the following as assigned by the manager:
Conduct data collection, data mining, analysis, and reporting on ad hoc and recurring data requests.
Work collaboratively with internal customers to refine and optimize analysis and reporting criteria as well as manage expectations around analysis delivery timelines and output capabilities.
Performs other duties as assigned.-
• Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university in computer science or other technical discipline.
• A Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficient in Windows XP, Microsoft Office Suite particulary Access and Excel 2003 and 2007 versions.
These are only minimum qualifications for this position at this grade level. Other factors are taken into consideration when deciding what position and grade level to place an employee such as performance level, capable contribution level and company need.
SPECIFIC SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Fundamental understanding of basic statistics is required.
• Must be fluent in the creation and manipulation of Excel pivot tables and the ability to build macros to integrate data into excel workbooks.
• Expert knowledge in Access database functionality including building queries and macros, data importing and normalization, database updates from external flat file downloads.
• Perform Access database queries using the Access query wizard utilizing SQL scripting to generate updated data analysis using the parameters of the data requestor.
• Expertise in analyzing unstructured data sets (Text Mining) and the ability to build sophisticated queries to extract specified information.
• Ability to build charts and graphs that effectively communicate the desired analysis results.
• Integration of key graphical elements into PowerPoint for management communication and the ability to present such information is a plus.
• Technical background and medical device/ regulated industry experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of electro-mechanical, software-driven devices and a working knowledge of quality control tools and techniques will be considered a key advantage.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or walk, stoop or kneel; is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; is regularly required to sit, talk, see and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Normal office environment with moderate noise, little dust, temperature changes, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.